Welcome to Befrienders Dublin
Befrienders Dublin is an organisation offering one-to-one companionship and support to those who have mental health difficulties. The aim of the service is to foster independence, self-empowerment and reduce the social isolation felt by those with mental health difficulties.
We also run local social clubs which allow individuals to participate in social activities, widen their social networks, make friends and even get away from it all with group trips which are organised a couple of times a year.
Thanks to all our volunteers, past & present, we couldn’t do it without you!
Befriending is a relationship between a volunteer befriender and a befriendee which operates within a structural framework. This is usually a time limited relationship which enables a person to widen their own social network, increase independence and make informed choices, so enabling them to live life to the full.Read More
Interested in Volunteering?
Isolation is a common problem for people suffering from mental health difficulties. Research has shown that support and social interaction are vital for people recovering from mental health problems. But people with mental health difficulties are often cut off from family and friends because of the nature of their condition.Read More
Recent Blog Posts
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Project – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – By The Photographers
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Exhibition – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – Pics & Video
- Befrienders Dublin visit Japanese Gardens & National Stud, 20 Aug 2016
- Befrienders Dublin hit Powerscourt Gardens & Waterfall – 13 Aug, 2016
- Befrienders Bundoran Holiday, July 2016