News from Befrienders Dublin
As part of our summer activities programme, we recently went on The Dublin Bay cruise. Sadly, on the morning of departure there was a problem with the Eastlink bridge & our original itinerary (Dun Laoghaire to City, then City to Howth Via Dun Laoghaire) was impossible. However, they rejigged the route & we sailed from Howth to Dun Laoghaire via Dalkey Island. It was a great to see our city from the sea. As we were quite far out, there were ‘heated debates’ (as Mrs Merton would say) as to where we were at various points. It was fab when we did a ‘driveby’ of Dalkey Island, so close that we could pick out people pottering about on that sceptered isle.
It had been lovely boating weather to begin with, but the clouds grew dark and eventually it began to spit rain. By the time we hit Dun Laoghaire, it was bucketing. But our spirits were only very slightly dampened, and the rain had stopped & our clobber dried by the time we hit The Miami Café for a luvverly lunch.
Click on photographs to enlarge.
Recent Blog Posts
- Befrienders Dublin 2017 Photography Project – ‘Every Picture Tells a story’.
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Project – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – By The Photographers
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Exhibition – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – Pics & Video
- Befrienders Dublin visit Japanese Gardens & National Stud, 20 Aug 2016
- Befrienders Dublin hit Powerscourt Gardens & Waterfall – 13 Aug, 2016