News from Befrienders Dublin
See Change and its partner organisations are rolling out a month long Green Ribbon national campaign to get people talking openly about mental health problems in May 2013.
Research conducted by See Change revealed that in Ireland 0f 2012, mental health problems are simply not talked about and remain hidden.
56% of Irish people would not want others to know about their mental health problem.
28% would delay seeking treatment for fear of someone else knowing about their mental health problem.
41% would hide a mental health from friends.
24% would conceal a mental health problem from family.
The silence around mental health can stop people from reaching out or seeking help. Often the fact that it’s difficult to talk about mental health problems can be one of the hardest parts of having a mental illness. It can lead to the loss of friendships, feeling isolated and slower recovery.
It doesn’t have to be this way. Every one of us can do simple things to play our part in breaking the silence of stigma.
Find out how you can help here .
Recent Blog Posts
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Project – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – By The Photographers
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Exhibition – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – Pics & Video
- Befrienders Dublin visit Japanese Gardens & National Stud, 20 Aug 2016
- Befrienders Dublin hit Powerscourt Gardens & Waterfall – 13 Aug, 2016
- Befrienders Bundoran Holiday, July 2016