We are a not-for-profit voluntary organisation which supports people with mental health difficulties. Not a new idea, befriending is simple but extremely effective at reducing the isolation and loneliness felt by those with mental health difficulties living in Dublin.
Our aim is to improve the quality of life of people with mental health difficulties.
- To promote the independence of such individuals and encourage their integration into the local community
- To assist people with mental health difficulties to re-establish personal interests and social contacts within the community; alleviating social isolation and exclusion.
- To motivate and support individuals with mental health difficulties in accessing other community resources.
IT HAS TWO STRANDS :
One-to-One Befriending which is a relationship between a volunteer and a recipient that is initiated, supported and monitored by Befrienders Dublin.
Local Social Clubs which provide group social activities and opportunities for social contact and new friendships.
Our organisation complies with The Governance Code for the Community, Voluntary and Charitable Sector in Ireland.
Recent Blog Posts
- Befrienders Dublin 2017 Photography Project – ‘Every Picture Tells a story’.
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Project – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – By The Photographers
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Exhibition – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – Pics & Video
- Befrienders Dublin visit Japanese Gardens & National Stud, 20 Aug 2016
- Befrienders Dublin hit Powerscourt Gardens & Waterfall – 13 Aug, 2016