News from Befrienders Dublin
Earlier this year, Befrienders Dublin ran its second Photography Course. The first one was in 2014. Once again, Paula Geraghty was at the helm and took the group through its paces over ten weeks of day-trips to places like Powerscourt and Bray. There were also classroom days where the group would review the pictures they had taken on the day-trips and use the knowledge to improve their pictures on the next trip.
Although of course everyone learnt a lot, there was a great emphasis on making photography fun & everyone enjoyed meeting up for each session. After each session, we would go for some food and discuss the results of the day’s efforts.
An exhibition of photographs taken on the course in Finglas Library ran from 21st November to Saturday 3d of December. Below are some fab pictures by Paula Geraghty from the launch on November 23d.
We would like to thank Dublin North West Area Partnership for making the course possible, Dublin City Council, Denis O’Shea & all the staff at Finglas Library for hosting the exhibition & for their help, Paula for devotion above & beyond the call of duty, all our photographers & of course Our Glorious Leader Ann, from whom all good things come. We’re already looking forward to the next Photography Course! Watch a video of the launch here.
Click on the fab thumbnails for the bigger pics!
Recent Blog Posts
- Befrienders Dublin 2017 Photography Project – ‘Every Picture Tells a story’.
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Project – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – By The Photographers
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Exhibition – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – Pics & Video
- Befrienders Dublin visit Japanese Gardens & National Stud, 20 Aug 2016
- Befrienders Dublin hit Powerscourt Gardens & Waterfall – 13 Aug, 2016