News from Befrienders Dublin
Befrienders Dublin are looking for Volunteers (0ver 18) to support adults with Mental Health problems. Full training is provided. As a befriender you are matched with a befriendee and meet with them on a regular basis (usually once a week). You can go for coffee, go for walks or other mutually acceptable activity. Volunteer Training takes place on Saturday 20th & 27th February, 10.00 -15.00. Lunch is provided. Volunteers must attend both Training Days.
If you’re interested, call the office on (01) 838 7184 to request an application form (leave a message if office unattended & we’ll get back to you). You can also fill in the Volunteer application form here on the website). We match males with males & females with females. We try to match people of similar ages. Currently, we are especially short of Volunteers 50 & over. Befriending is a very valuable and rewarding way to volunteer. So, please give it a go!
Recent Blog Posts
- Befrienders Dublin 2017 Photography Project – ‘Every Picture Tells a story’.
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Project – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – By The Photographers
- Befrienders Dublin 2016 Photography Exhibition – ‘Capturing The Moment’ – Pics & Video
- Befrienders Dublin visit Japanese Gardens & National Stud, 20 Aug 2016
- Befrienders Dublin hit Powerscourt Gardens & Waterfall – 13 Aug, 2016